Dulse Wild Atlantic Sea Vegetable 56 g
- Great in Salads, Snacks, Soups, Stirfries
- Certified Organic by OCIA
- USDA Organic
Certified Organic Dulse
- Delicious as a healthy snack. Low temperature sun dried, enzyme active.
- Excellent source of iodine and vitamin B6. Good source of potassium and iron.
- More total dietary fiber (33%) and soluble fiber (16%) than oat bran.
- Tested for chemical, heavy metal, petroleum, radioactivity and microbiological contaminants.
- Meets all OCIA Organic Standards for sustainable harvesting and handling.
Our dulse comes directly to you without processing or washing out any of its mineral richness. Please check for occasional tiny hidden pebbles or shells in the leaves. Store your dulse in this bag out of extreme light, heat or moisture.
If uncooked dulse is too chewy for you, allow it to absorb some ambient moisture (steam kettle, damp towel, humid room) and in a few days it will be tenderized by its own live enzymes. Rinsing the dulse briefly will tenderize it more quickly and make the taste less strong.
Cooking with dulse is a treat. It is fast and flavorful. Try pan-frying some leaves in a well-oiled skillet until they turn brownish and crisp. Kids love these "chips". You can dry roast dulse pieces in a medium hot skillet or low oven until the leaves turn greenish- not black (burned!) Crumble them on grains, soups, pasta, pizza or popcorn.
Low temperature dried dulse (Palmaria palmata)
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup (7 g)|
|Serving per bag: 8|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|